Monday, October 12, 2009

Toto, I don't think we are in Utah anymore... I mean Kansas!

Well, reality is setting in and although at moments it's difficult, so far so good here in North Dakota! Darin is now driving not just riding along as the passenger, and he is liking his new job. Jo has had one interview, with a job offer and another interview scheduled for tomorrow we shall see how it goes and go from there.
The only real complaint so far is the weather, it has been really chilly here since we arrived, and the wind is ferocious! However, I hear it hasn't been all Sunny and warm in Utah either, so in answer to a lot of questions lately, it's cold but Jo is staying warm for the time being!
Jo is starting to get bored, which is not a good sign. She is making daily trips to the mall and walmart, being very careful not to overspend, but get her out of the house. Yesterday, she attended Church at the Dickinson Branch. Talk about different, after being told that there were about 70 active families in a 60 mile radius, I will say that I was pretty shocked at the number of people at Church. More than I thought, but still nothing in comparison to what I'm used to. Luckily, there is a lot of new people that are moving into the ward, so it kinda takes the heat of being the New Kids on the Block! Everyone seems so nice and friendly, and believe it or not a lot of people actually know where Vernal is, without it being called Dinosaurland first. I was quite impressed with this bunch!!!
Just before the move Jo got into a series of books by her favorite Author, well, without finishing the full series, but running out of time to check more out from the library in Vernal, I figured no big deal, there will be a library in Dickinson. Today, I found that library and got myself a card, only to find out that they carry one of the books that this author has written and it's not a part of the series she was so looking forward to finishing. The librarian was very sweet and printed off some other books by authors similar to this one. But seriously, I didn't dream it would be hard to find a book by Anita Stansfield. But then again, HELLO JO, you are not in Utah anymore... So, if any of my awesome wonderful friends that also love this author, have any of Anita Stansfield's books in the series, Timeless Waltz, I would be eternally grateful to you for sharing. I actually own the first one, Timeless Waltz, and have read the second, but can't remember that name, but that is where I left off. The really bummer part is I was really looking forward to reading right now, to occupy a little time. My mind is on overdrive currently, and well for those of you that know me, you know that is NEVER a good thing!
So, in closing, Jo has been reminded again, that we are not in Utah anymore, but it's ok, we are surviving!

1 comment:

  1. Hey BettyJo!! I kept meaning to check your blog and now your off in North Dakota!!! WOW! Don't know much about that place but i'm sure i'll learn now! Good luck on the job interviews! I'm glad you guys have a good ward, I think that's always the thing I worry about most when moving is how well you'll fit in...like your back in middle school or something! Well make sure you go straight in to the Bishop and ask for a calling!! :) Wards love fresh teachers in the primary!! :) hehe
    Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete