Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pain update

Well, a couple of weeks ago I gave up on my struggle to control the pain myself, after being up all night long afraid to move and Darin being afraid to touch me for fear of making it worse, I got into the doctor. We decided to increase my Nexium to 4 times a day instead of 2, he added another medicine, that is really nasty! It's supposed to kind of coat my stomach and esophogas to help ease the spasms which is causing me so much pain. He gave me more Percocet and told me to use it, said I am not addicted to it, and it's obvious I need it for the pain to sleep. We also talked about the stress and ways to manage and cope a lil better, with my lack of energy and my restrictions on being able to work out and lift, the Dr. thought it best to put me on a new type of Anti-depressant. I am so hesititant about taking yet another pill, but I thought I would try it. Well, my outlook on life is a lot better since, which is good, and I'm sure Darin is very greatful! The pain is back under control and I am not needing to live off the pain pills anymore. Which is great! Now my issue is I'm awake about 2 am every day. At some point I am sure I am just going to crash, from lack of sleep, it doesn't matter what time I go to bed, I'm awake every morning about 130-2 am! It's crazy I tell you, solve one problem to create another. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment