Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Jo cooked, and it was edible!

Well, it's been 6 months since we moved to North Dakota, we've had our ups and downs, and we are both homesick right now and I am so missing her parent's cooking! Darin is getting bored with the same old easy stuff I am always making, he's begging and pleading with me to try new recipes. I've been asking everyone how to make stuff, so I don't get laughed at when I call home to ask my wonderful parents how to fix something! (trust me, I know they laugh)

The girls at work convinced me that I couldn't go wrong with a roast and since we have a couple in the freezer, I decided what the heck. So, a couple of Sunday's ago we got up, I put the roast in, we went to Church, we came home and I permed Liz's hair (I have a few friends that are keeping me in good practice), and we all had some roast! It was very yummy, and so very easy, I just may be able to do it again! The only complaint or bad thing is, Darin's reflux issues joined us with our meal. He got the hiccups so bad, I was worried it was going to be another ER visit, luckily they subsided and we were able to get back to and enjoy our meal! I took a couple of pictures to prove to EVERYONE I know that yes, I did cook, it not only was edible but looked edible as well!

On a side note, of this post, my mom takes Steak and cuts it into pieces, breads it, and cooks it, it's pretty good, I've been wanting some lately so I decided to try it, on the first try Darin, who is also a fan of my mother's cooking, tells me that I made it better than my mom! WAHOOOO! Couldn't be prouder of myself. He did say he would NEVER admit to saying it, so don't bother asking him about it, but I swear he said. That's two things, I'm told I'm better at making then her, and all I can say is, my momma must have taught me well!


The Roast was so tender it was falling off the bone, there was no cutting through it!




Here is the whole meal, veggies, rolls, and the Roast!

No comments:

Post a Comment