Saturday, July 17, 2010

A great day and a not so great weekend!

Just wanted to Thank everyone that I heard from on my Birthday! I have finally gotten around to responding to all of your FB posts, Text messages, and phone calls. I'm a little slow on the phone calls, that was part of my plan for last night, until I ended up with no voice and not being able to keep my eyes open. Story later in the post!

Anywho, I had a great day on Tuesday, and didn't even mind that I had to work. It started early with the texts, and I must say my sister was so proud she was the first text, Thanks sis! I went to work and was spoiled rotten with Cheesecake, Reese's Cake, (do ya think they know I love Chocolate?), I was also given a Maurices Gift card, those girls know me so well! After work, I did some Scentsy deliveries, went to my weight class, then did Dinner with Darin, who finally allowed me to open the Ipod he had engraved for me, (it's a replacement for my ipod that died a few months ago) He had it engraved with a sweet Happy Birthday message. We didn't get home until about 9:30 or that night. We then opened cards, and packages I had received. Let's just say, I have AMAZING people in my life, and love each of you so much! This past year, and with this move, I have really learned who I can really count on, and you all know you are. Thank you for being there with my tear filled phone conversations, venting sessions, and emotional outbursts! I promise that when you need me, I WILL be there for each of you!

I had so many FB posts, Texts, and emails to catch up with, if you didn't hear back from me, please know that I am not ignoring you, I must not have received it.

I appreciate all of you for your thoughts, and wishes! You made me feel so loved and cared about on my Birthday, that's what I think a Birthday should be about.

Now, I promised you a story about Friday night, I'll make it short. I haven't been sleeping well this past week and thought I was feeling all emotional and tired because of lack of sleep, but it just kept getting worse. By Friday afternoon, I had no voice, and felt horrible. I came home to lay around and rest. Darin sent me to bed early and all doped up on NyQuil. I woke this morning, feeling worse and with even less of a voice. I showered hoping for a better feeling and knew right away it wasn't coming. I figured it was too late to get into the Clinic, since it was about 11 already, but what the heck I tried. They took pity on me, and the Dr allowed me to be seen, I went right in, and was told it looks just like all the other cases of Strep they are seeing, so they are treating it like it is Strep, but took a swab to make sure. So, I had plans of getting things ready for our Denver trip the end of this month, this weekend, but since I can't make it off the couch or out of bed without getting dizzy, there is no need to worry, I am following Dr's orders and resting with plenty of liquids! Really, Strep throat in July!!! Seriously!?!?! This bites!

That's what's new here!

2 comments:

  1. I had strep twice in June - never had it before! I hope you get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to make it to Denver? Too bad I was not going to be in Denver at the same time, we could see each other! Oh Well, guess you will just have to come back home to see me! We miss you! Talk to ya later! Love Ya! YOUR SIS!

    ReplyDelete