Monday, August 3, 2009

OOPS! A forgotten update.

So I can't believe I forgot to post this, Actually I totally can. With all the excitement of the kids and finding things to do and the fact of wanting to forget it all together, I forgot to post this. So hear goes-

About a month or so ago, Jo went to the Dr and SURPRISE had yet another Ear Infection, we counted it up and it was 6 infections since February so, we were told that it was time to go see Dr Catten the ENT guy in town. We went and was given the options, 1- an Operating room to put you out and put a tube in both ears, or 2-An office visit, numb one ear at a time, put the tube in check back in 6-8 weeks to talk about doing the other! Well since only one of my ears is causing a HUGE problem right now, and time restrictions on their part, I went with the office visit. So about a week and a half ago, I underwent the painful procedure. HOLY CONOLLY! Who knew there was so many nerve endings in your ear?!?!?!?! After some pain to get the cone shaped tool inmy ear, the 5 shots to numb the ear, and the needle that actually goes through your eardrum and sets the tub in place it was done. I had to sit for just a few minutes to stop the dizziness. Then I had this Horrid taste in my mouth, when I asked Dr. Catten about it he said it was normal. There is actually a nerve in your ear that controls your taste buds and it would go away as the numbin medicine wore off. Luckily, I had reinforcements, my wonderful daddy had driven me there, so he drove me to 7-11 to get a drink to wash out this absolutely horrible tasting taste, for the record that helped but it was still there for a few hours. Since having the tube put in, I have been able to regain my hearing,for the most part, still hard to hear when there is a lot of background noise, I am hearing no echo's like some people do. And for the most part the pain is gone. Dr Catten did say that if it gets infected again, I would need some drops and I would know from the pain and to call the office. I'm hoping not to need that piece of advice any time soon though! Moral of this post, Don't be brave and do the Office visit, GET THE DRUGS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment